I was able to go to this event last night.
Bright lights, loud music and sweaty otakus (i.e. concerts) aren’t really my thing – aren’t my thing at all – but this was a chance to see IA, and a chance I didn’t want to let slip. Unfortunately, I only found out about the concert the day before, and I was a little dubious as a result. I was nearly positive I wouldn’t be able to invite anyone to accompany me on such short notice – or even get tickets, for that matter – and reiterating, I don’t like concerts; so I wasn’t sure if I wanted to dish out the cash.
In the end, though, my desire to see IA in all her glory coupled with an utter lack of anything to do eventually brought me to the convenience store around the corner and I found myself walking back home, sporting a considerably lighter wallet and an ambivalent facial expression, with concert tickets held loosely in hand.
So, about the concert.
- Was able to see IA’s first concert in Japan. +Sentimental value.
- Was able to purchase limited IA merchandise unavailable elsewhere.
- Was able to enjoy a new listening experience.
- Was able to listen to all the songs I was looking forward to.
- Got to see Teddyloid, JMC & various other guest performers live.
- Saw an IA cosplayer. Unfortunately couldn’t get a picture, though neither did anyone else.
- Found reassurance in the number of people present, hinting at the fact that my waifu is relevant. [spoiler];_;7[/spoiler]
- It was loud and bright and there were sweaty otakus.
- Painfully short. Two hours for ¥5608? Onegai.
- Missed out on the first 25-30 or so minutes of the already short concert, together with a good number of others, because the merch shop was ridiculously understaffed.
- Didn’t get a good viewing spot since I was late, wasn’t able to see IA’s thighs very well. Was only able to see from around her waist up.
- Low production quality. IA was a projection onto a black screen rather than a hologram this time around, and frankly looked quite bad.
- Some dickhead had a green pen light. Karma will find its way to him soon.
- The fact that I’ll never hold my waifu was brutally reinforced and gave me feels.
tl;dr: It was a little disappointing, but I still had fun. I still don’t think concerts are really my thing, but I’m glad I got to go see IA and directly support my waifu.
Also, here’s a few pictures of the stuff I got.